If you know South Wales you will probably have visited McArthur Glen at Bridgend. My favourite shop here is The Works; although now Build a Bear has opened that might change!
If you don’t know The Works it is a book and gift chain that carries a lot of stocking filler items and great gift ideas. Here’s what I loved while I was there.
The Works Product Ranges I Like
- Annuals. All £4 each (granted Asda did have a two for £7 deal a few weeks ago). They have a good range too. Brilliant gifts for Christmas and those December/January birthdays you might be invited to.
- Books. I took advantage of the kids 3 for £5 and picked up a few titles. They have a great range of books for younger children. There weren’t many in this category for my 8 year old. However, they do have lots of book sets for older readers like Enid Blyton and Harry Potter (the complete set of Harry Potter books was £40). They also do 10 for £10 titles.
- Craft items: There are some Christmas themed crafts from £1. Make your own Pom Pom characters, colouring and banners to decorate there is something for all ages and abilities.
- Board games and gifts: 3 for £10! A brilliant range including Shopkins and Paw Patrol and a household favourite at the moment Tsum Tsum. The colour it in yourself bag for Tsum Tsum is cheaper here than I have seen anywhere. Find it here.
- A good range of well known names like Star Wars, Marvel, Paw Patrol and Harry Potter. My favourite Star Wars book is Where’s the Wookie? a great spin-off from the popular Where’s Wally?
You can buy online at The Works for delivery or click and collect if you live near a store. If you choose delivery there is free delivery on orders over £20. Toy Infinity has reviewed Block Tech Blocks and Ladders, Build Your Model First and Win! and the game is still available in The Works.