Getting messy and making stuff is an important part of childhood. An important part of learning. Here are my suggestions for great craft materials for rainy day activities.
- Paint. Washable if you prefer. With a selection of brushes (the more the merrier they always get lost), sponges and rollers.
- Felt tip pens. I use more caution with these I have a left handed child and his hand is always very prettily decorated after he’s finished colouring, most felt tips don’t wash off easily.
- Googly eyes. Preferably with the sticky backing.
- Glue sticks.
- Tissue paper (only use with glue sticks, pva makes the colour run).
- Card and foam A4 sheets.
- Felt (often cheaper to buy from fabric shops than the small cut pieces in craft stores).
- Pipe cleaners.
- Cookie cutters for tracing around.
- Toilet rolls. You can make loads of things with a toilet roll and then you can recycle it without feeling guilty.
- Stickers. Mess free fun.
If you have anything you love to use leave a comment below. Eventually I will do some blog posts on what we make with the toilet rolls!