We all know the struggle to buy toys for a child when you don’t know what they have or what they would like some of the time. Have you ever thought about buying a gift with a difference? A day out? A family pass somewhere? Toy Infinity brings you my favourite South Wales child friendly days out and activity gift ideas.
Child Friendly Activity Gift Ideas
- A cinema pass. You can buy a cinema pass from most leading Cinemas in Cardiff and South Wales. Load the card up and give the lucky child some cinema trips.
- An activity through the letter box. Several companies have started producing activity boxes that get posted monthly. Find one you like or meets your budget – after all what child doesn’t like getting post?
- National Geographic Kids is a magazine subscription service. 12 copies of the magazine are delivered though the year. Find more details here. An excellent educational idea for older children.
- Tree Top Mini Golf at St David’s Centre Cardiff. A family of four can play for £26.50. Ticket prices are available here. You don’t need to book you can just turn up and play.
Child Friendly Days Out Gift Ideas
- Techniquest. A children-orientated science and discovery centre in Cardiff Bay Techniquest is a must visit in my opinion. If you have a big budget you can buy a Friends of Techniquest annual pass for individuals or whole families. Details are here. If a day pass is your gift a family of five can visit for £25. The gift shop is great too.
- Folly Farm. A bit further to travel depending on where you live, but Folly Farm is an excellent day out. Look out this year for your favourite Paw Patrol characters appearing on 16-17 April and 27-28 August. At £13.95 for an adult and £11.95 for over 3’s it is the higher price range for the gift days out.
- Theatre trip. Take at look at the various theatres that Cardiff has to offer. The Sherman, New Theatre, the Millennium Centre. All of them put on high quality productions suitable for children. Prices vary so it is worth doing your research and do it early because quite often the shows do sell out.
- The Doctor Who Experience. One for the older children probably! It is cheaper to buy tickets in advance details can be found here, but on the door it is £16 for adults, £9.75 for children over the age of 5.
- Sport! Rugby and football are incredibly popular here in Wales and particularly Cardiff there are a number of sports teams to choose from. Support the Blues, the Bluebirds or the Devils (if you love ice hockey). If you love Premier League then you can visit Swansea at the Liberty Stadium, if you can get tickets! Nothing beats being in the crowd when Wales play in the Principality Stadium – the atmosphere is always incredible.
- Dinosaur Park – Tenby. Another potential travel but another good day out. Ticket prices are here but if you live close enough to consider more than one visit they do a season ticket. This is on our visit list for this year when we take the caravan to West Wales for a trip.
So these are my suggestions for child friendly activity gift ideas and family days out to replace the usual toy or wrapped present. All of them are in South Wales so hopefully you will find something that appeals to your and your children. Have fun!